DIY

Maime Rae

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Baby Shower for Avery and Her Parents


The invitations were sent. 
My Daughter ordered  these from Etsy,
I am sorry I do not know the seller but I will ask her and post it later.
These set the mood for the shower and we decided on a BBQ theme.
Brandi wanted a co-ed shower.  


The RSVP's were included in the envelope. Still with the theme. 




 Let the crafting begin!! 
I know you all know how to make these banners.  
I could not find paper to match the theme so I went to Joann's and found
the cutest watermelon fabric and now I had my colors.
 I covered  heavy cardboard with spray adhesive 
and then wrapped the fabric around it.



I then bought fat quarters cut strips and made the flowers.
Used felt, miniature roses and rhinestones for the centers.
I traced a stamp I had for the black felt shape and used Glitter letters.



I strung them together on black ribbon and the BABY AVERY banner was born.
I also covered some pillows I had with the left over fabric. Spreading out the 
color scheme as well as providing additional seating.



I banded the candles I always have on the mantel with fabric
and buttons and just taped them on so I can change them.
 I put silk flowers in white flower pots at the beginning of spring.
 They matched very nicely. Funny how things work out sometimes.
More insulators.  TEEHEE





I also made the straw banners.
Okay my photography skills are pretty bad but you get the idea.





The very last thing that I did before the shower was to make
 these for the cupcakes that I baked. By the third night of going to bed at midnight
I was done with these. They are so cute but no one told me what a pain they are to make.
Just sayin'
When the paper glue I used did not hold and I had to  re-glue them.....
well I won't tell ya what I said.



Here are all the goodies to make the cupcakes.



The cupcake liners and the BBQ sauce at the ready.
I was determined to enjoy this and be done before the shower.
  I felt like I completely missed their wedding 
'cause I did most of the decor for that

 

 Now to begin......

I used mason jars for glasses with the banner straws
and they were placed in an old steamer my Honey bought for me.
Knives and forks in tin buckets with chalkboard paint and labeled as such.


Here are the cupcakes I made. 
On the stand is oreo crumble with a cream cheese frosting
 and on the trays are watermelon.
They don't taste like watermelon they just look like one. 
Pink cake with  mini-chocolate chips for seeds 
and your standard butter cream frosting.


Rolls were served in an old cheese box
 and way up in the right top of the table 
I had napkins in a cranberry box.



 The table before the guests arrive.




These were the flowers I used as Brandi does not like roses.
These are her favorite.
 (Don't know where she came from, I can't get enough of roses.)



As you can see I did not get a before pic of this table.
 I painted the  flower pots and used them for dips.
The basket holds baby jars with rub for BBQ for the favors.
 Brandi made those for me. She did a good job, I am proud.


This is what my kitchen and family room looked like 
when Hubby brought in the BBQ. He did all the barbequing that day
and it was mega yummmmmy. We had potato salad, coleslaw and baked beans.
I almost burned the beans SHH don't tell anyone K.
 Chicken, ribs, pulled pork and sliced beef.


Good friends and good family. These guys have known Brandi all her life.



Momma To Be and her squad mates.



And one worn out little dog. It was tough guarding that grill all day.

I would have had more pictures but I dropped my camera on its lens
............not good.
But It was a wonderful shower and she was given such lovely things.
Thank you so much to everyone who came.



PS: I tore my camera apart, straightened out the lens, it works ok but we shall see.



 



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hello Pam,
    I found your blog tonight and wanted to say hello and also I am from Orlando!!!
    Loved the baby shower decorations what a clever idea.
    I am a new follower
    Suzann ~xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzann,
    Hello, so glad to hear from you. Thank you for commenting on the shower decor. My daughter is not into Shabby chic or that is what I would have done. BooHoo
    I have visited your lovely blog and am now following you! We have some of the same Christmas decor I luv a pink Christmas.
    Well great minds think alike!

    Pam ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam! You did a wonderful job on this shower! Sooo cute! We had our middle two daughters both get married 6 weeks apart this past spring, and now...they are both PREGGO!! And due within 3 weeks of each other! December not only means Christmas planning, shopping etc...but 2 baby showers, too! It'll be crazy like the spring, but so much fun!

    I'm following you now!!
    Thanks for following me on Timewashed!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    Oh! And it's great to meet another central Floridian!! I'm about 25 minutes from you in Debary!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by to chat. All comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...